文法 – that SV で何故名詞節を導けるのか
- It is important that you play tennis. この文で that 以下に完全な文を取れる理由が分からない。
- that は省略できます。
- The fact that it’s raining is annoying.
that 直前の noun/adj と that 以下の節を接続する接続詞です。従属節を導く接続詞と言えます。接続詞なので that 以下は完全な文章になります。
We use that as a conjunction to link a verb, adjective or noun with the following clause.
意見や感想を言う時に adj + that-clause を使う
- It’s important (that) we look at the problem in more detail.
- They were afraid (that) we were going to be late.
確実性のある意見や感想を言う時に noun + that-clause を使う
belief, fact, hope, idea, possibility, suggestion, statement, claim, comment, argument
- He is also having intensive treatment in the hope that he will be able to train on Friday.
- Dutch police are investigating the possibility that a bomb was planted on the jet.